Dedicating Reliance Jio to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Digital India’ vision, Reliance Industries chairman, Mukesh Ambani has announced the widely-awaited details of his Jio venture, terming it as the country’s largest 4G network. Long queues of customers recently waiting to get a Jio SIM card have demonstrated the hype and anticipation around the newest offering from Reliance Industries. So let’s take a glance at some of the salient features of the biggest launch of the year, Reliance Jio:
1. The company’s welcome offer makes the entire Reliance Jio services, which includes, voice, apps, 4G services free of cost for everyone starting September 5th to December 31, 2016.
2. Adding that customers should be charged for either voice or data, Mukesh Ambani has announced that Reliance Jio will not charge for voice calls or for roaming calls on any network within India.
3. Reliance Jio’s data prices are roughly 20 percent of what customers have been charged so far – one gigabyte of data will cost Rs 50.
4. Jio will not follow the industry practice of blackout days – occasions like Diwali when free SMS offers are not applicable because the volume tends to be too high.
5. Starting Monday, anyone can sign up for Reliance Jio services – and no charges will apply till December 31.
6. Reliance Jio data to have only 10 data plans.
7. Announces student discount, students to get 25% more data.